Friday, August 17, 2012

Girls Night Out

So I got an invite for a dinner out with some local girls. I rarely get to go to these dinners because they always seem to fall on nights that weren't convenient for whatever reason. Wherever there's food, I want to be, so I even got there early.

Dinner was set to be at Amano in Ridgewood. It's mostly a pizza place, but specialty pizza. I'm pretty sure it's called "Neopolitan Pizza", which, embarrassingly, really means nothing to me. It's smaller and thinner than regular pizza and they have A LOT of different combos. I like a lot of cheese on my pizza usually but this wasn't that kind of pizza. I'd have to call it more on the gourmet side. But I liked it. I really did.

Apparently, Monday nights they do a Buy 1, Get 1 free deal on pizza and paninis. There were six of us and we ordered four pies, which was more than enough. I'm not sure we even finished them all. We ordered their version of "plain", a vegetable one and their pepperoni. I had the plain and the veggie and they were both really good.

But honestly, anyone that knows me knows that for me, the best part, the part I wasn't even going to have, was their "Nutella pizza". What? Yeah. Nutella pizza. It looks like the dough from the regular pizza but it had Nutella and confectioner's sugar on it. Really? It was SICK. Thank goodness there were six of us or I could've inhaled the whole thing.

I do have to say, the service sucked. Our waitress was, how shall I say, less than enthusiastic about being helpful or caring that we ordered at 7:45 and didn't get our pizza until 8:45. And I'm not exaggerating. She basically said- hey, they're backed up in the kitchen because it's BOGO night. Tough shit. But it was fine- the only thing I needed to get home for was to get another episode of The Vampire Diaries in with my husband. Yes, we're obsessed and watching in marathon form. That's for another blog. Once we got our food she seemed to care a little more but by that time, it was too little, too late. Just pretend you care. That's what I would do if I was a waitress in that situation. I work in retail- I know what that's like. A little caring goes a long way in those situations.

Anyway- it was fine because I haven't been able to catch up with these women all summer for the most part. This has been my first summer working and I don't know where the time goes. This has really been the fastest summer of my entire life I think. I have barely been at the pool, where I've spent the majority of my past six summers. E has been in camp five days a week too and we just never seem to make it there. I would normally see most of these women there but we've all been busy and are kid-led these days. Some have two where before they only had one, one is about to have #2, some are working...So it is BYOB at Amano and while we were waiting forever for the pizza we got to get in some chatting, catching up, and definitely some laughs.

It's nice to finally get out with some girls from the area and get to know them better. I've been a little gun-shy about getting to know people in town or involved in town just because of getting burned in the past, having nothing to do with them. But, I had a really great time and look forward to getting together more often. I'll just have to plan to only get one episode of The Vampire Diaries in that night.

http://amanopizza.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment