Sunday, September 4, 2011

Best of Bergen- Bergen Health & Life

Twice a year I ask people to vote for our store, Shades of Soho, for the "Best of Bergen" in either Bergen Health & Life or 201 Magazine. Every September (BH&L) and February (201) we wait with baited breath to see who won the Best Home Decor (or whatever they're calling it) category.

Usually we hear prior to the issues coming out whether we won. Sometimes they want a photo of the store or a product we carry. With Bergen Health & Life, they have a party to celebrate the issue and the Best of Bergen, Bergenfest, where the winners get a table and showcase their stuff. There are A LOT of food winners and they don't disappoint with what they bring. We won twice previously and showed at Bergenfest.

I was sitting on my couch watching General Hospital and waiting for E to get up from his nap. I heard the mailman drop my stuff in the box so I got up to get the mail. Imagine my surprise and happiness when I saw we won for Best Home Decor store in BH&L?!

So, I just want to say thanks to all who voted! We're not showing at Bergenfest this time. They want us to buy a table to show, and frankly, I feel if we won, we should be given a table. They wouldn't have a party without the winners so I'm definitely baffled how they are "honoring" the winners yet asking them to pay to be there.  But, whatever- we appreciate and are thrilled with the win. Bergenfest is a really fun time if you want a night out. The cocktails and the food are flowing and there are all kinds of contests and givaways.

My only advice is- GET THERE EARLY. It fills up QUICKLY and parking is a disaster. I would park off the grounds if you can- down a side street. Otherwise, trying to get out is not easy. And once the place fills up with people, it's hard to get to any table, get food, drink, etc.

You can buy tickets online and I saw there is some cool stuff going on if you buy the VIP ticket. Having gone to Bergenfest two different years, I'd say it's probably worth it to go VIP. Kind of the "go big or go home" kind of mentality. You might as well get all the benefits if you're going to bother.

Here is our win- http://www.bergenhealthandlife.com/Bergen-Health-Life/September-2011/BEST-OF-BERGEN-Readers-Choice-Awards-2011/index.php?cparticle=6&siarticle=5#artanc

And to buy tickets- http://www.bergenhealthandlife.com/bergenfest/

No comments:

Post a Comment