Monday, August 1, 2011

An idea is born...

I'm always being asked for recommendations. For everything. From baby stuff, toddler activities, pre-schools, shopping deals, to places to live, food (for kids and restaurants for adults), books I'm reading...whatever.

I feel like everyday, I'm compiling lists and internet links and emailing them to a million different people. Everytime I do it, I think to myself I should have just one central place where I keep all my "picks". But, I never do because I'm lazy and forgetful by nature. And a procrastinator. So, I have a "draft" folder in MS Office with tons of files of links with no headings. So, for anyone that's interested, I'm going to start figuring out what those links are, what I like and don't, and then I'm going to post them for YOU.

It's everything- my target audience is really anyone. Anyone in NJ. Mostly women and moms, but could be single, married, kids, no kids, etc. I'm a "mommy" but I'm not a "mommy blogger". I'm a Know-It-All who spends the majority of my time finding stuff for my kid to do and on the internet just finding "stuff".  So, for all my internet geekiness, you reap the rewards of my findings.

My disclaimer- I get no kickbacks or anything cool for my recommendations. I'm planning on asking people I know for testimonials for things/places/stuff I post that I like so it's not just "my" opinions. *Although, I usually think mine are the only ones that count*

Shoutout to Tadd & Christine Yearing who kind of pushed me over the edge to finally doing this. And of course, my husband, Bryan Kule, who would like to think all the time I spend online is actually worth something...

No comments:

Post a Comment