Friday, August 29, 2014

Pat On The Back For The Shack

Radio Shack. I never really think of going to Radio Shack. I don't know why I don't think of them, but I should. I actually was in the one near me, on the border of Glen Rock and Fair Lawn about a week ago. I ran out at 8:45 pm for a cable splitter and they were open until 9p. They were super helpful there.

Today, I had to go to Garden State Plaza to get E's back-to-school haircut. I realized that if I didn't do it today, I didn't know when I'd get to it, and I'd like to have a few days to grow in a little. I brought this new thin glass screen protector for my new iPhone with me. I just got a 5s since my 4 pretty much crapped out. I'm so afraid of my screen shattering when it eventually falls on my driveway as it tends to happen when I'm carrying my stuff in the house on the daily. I got this Tech Armor thing on Amazon for $12.95. It had good reviews. I had spoken to Apple today about another issue I was having and asked if the Apple store would put it on for me. He said to go to the store I got the phone because they put those things on all the time. "Like Verizon?", I asked. "Yes", he replied.

Tech Armor Premium Ballistic Glass Screen Protector: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BT8L2MW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's what I did. I went straight to the Verizon kiosk after E's haircut. We RAN there. Because I was on tight schedule. There was a girl there. She wasn't busy. Just chatting with another employee of some other kiosk I think. I politely asked if she could possibly help me. I explained that I have a Verizon phone, I bought this screen protector, I spoke to Apple, and they said it might be possible for someone at Verizon to put it on. She took a quick look at it, told me I didn't buy it from them, so she can't help me and will not put it on. I was annoyed.

I saw Radio Shack just across the hallway from the Verizon kiosk. Kathy & Christian were standing in the doorway handing out sales flyers or something. I asked Christian if he might be able to help me out. I explained that I have this screen protector, I am afraid to put it on myself because my 4 looked terrible, and asked if he might do this. He didn't ask me where I bought it. He just said- "Yes! I can help you. We put these on all the time". Then he really looked at it. He didn't try to be a big shot and put it on himself because he told me he actually never put this particular one on. But he got Isis, who Kathy said is their "pro" at applying these. I was excited because I really didn't want to go through the weekend without any protection. No one should go through a weekend without protection!

I told them what happened at Verizon, that the girl wouldn't help me because I didn't buy it from them. They were all just like, "huh?" I guess the motto at Radio Shack is more like "just be nice and helpful to whoever walks in." Suck it Verizon girl. Radio Shack is my new go-to place. Customer service, baby. Customer service.

Christian and Kathy didn't just walk away either. Like good employees who actually CARE, they watched Isis put her skills to the test. She hadn't applied this one either, but she was going to do her best. Christian wanted to see her do it in case he got this request again. Kathy was excited that I gave her my button covers for her 5c since I can't use them. But she also watched the application. A few minutes later, Isis had my screen protector on and I was good to go.

But wait- where's E? I turn around and E is all serious, with DJ, their phone technician. Doing what? DJ is showing E how to fix whatever he was fixing under a microscope. He was letting E look through the microscope lens like it was no big deal. Like it was no interruption on a busy Friday of Labor Day Weekend shopping. Thanks DJ. That was super nice. E loved it.

So happy shopping Labor Day weekend shoppers. And if you need any electronic type stuff, go visit these three all-stars.
Kathy, Christian, and Isis

No comments:

Post a Comment