Friday, May 17, 2019

Creative Den


I visited a local businesses recently and I wanted to make sure people are more aware it exists and what they do there. I didn't know what they do there and my own store is just down the street. Granted, I don't get out much, but still.
E was asked to play guitar and sing for some kind of "1st Friday" thing someone organized. Honestly, I really have no idea what the story is, who is in charge, etc. I think it's something like music and specials at downtown businesses the first Friday of the month.

E's spot to play was in front of the new-ish storefront, Creative Den. I met Tara McKee, the owner (with her husband), who is lovely and had her explain to me what goes on there. I knew it had something to do with art but I had no idea what.

They actually do a few things. They sell local artisans work. From soap to jewelry to oil & vinegar to actual wall art, pottery, metalwork, stationary and more. It's really cool. I have seen stores like this in Red Bank and Nyack, so it's pretty neat to have one in a downtown like ours, which isn't typically "bohemian" like those places.

What's really cool is they have space in the back to do classes, for people to work on their own creative endeavors independently or with a group, AND they have a commercial kitchen that can be rented out. I guess if you wanted to have a cooking class or if you are making large scale orders you can't or aren't legally allowed to make in your house.

I love flavored balsamic vinegar and they had a local person's there for taste testing the night I was there. Now, I have another one I know of and like in my arsenal. I used to try to chase around this one brand I'd found at a local street fair, but most of the time I'd have to order it from California and the shipping was a killer. Plus, I like to buy local if I can!

Creative Den is just a really interesting place where you can get a wide range of unique gifts too. I like a gift card myself most of the time, but other people like to give and receive something more personal and unique. This is the place to find something, especially for the person in your life who has everything.

These are all locally made items in the store area. So don't think you're going in, checking out the stuff, and then trying to get it cheaper online, made in China. Like in my store, it's all about the quality, and that's not how it works. You want the stuff in there, you buy it IN there and shop local. 

If you have questions, just go see Tara. She's extremely friendly and welcoming. 

Creative Den
216 Rock Road
Glen Rock, NJ 07452

Store Hours:

Tuesday-Friday 10am-6pm
Saturday 10am-5pm
Tel (201) 882-1422
















No comments:

Post a Comment