Thursday, May 16, 2019

Branding Time

I'd like to shout out a local business. It is Branding Time in Midland Park. For the past six months or so, I'd been gathering all the clothing E is going to need for seven weeks of sleepaway camp. It's a lot of stuff. Whether or not he opts to wear the same clothes every day, there is still a packing list, and a certain number of camp logo clothes they need. They have to wear them on "field trips" and they just like to wear them for camp spirit. It's like college gear. The killer is, for "official" camp stuff, there is one company that seems to have the monopoly on it. AND IT'S HELLA EXPENSIVE. At least for me. I can't pay $25 a piece for four pair of shorts. I bought half the stuff I needed from the contracted company, but still needed the other things.

I get that chances are, if you're sending your kid to sleepaway for seven weeks, that in itself prices people out. So if you can send your kid, you can probably afford all the logo gear. Yeah, I'm not one of those people. I am working a second job and every penny goes to the tuition for camp. And it's not just clothes, there are other things to buy. It's like sending a kid to college. Even the "soft trunk" is anywhere from $70-$130. It adds up.

I thought, what if I just buy plain, no logo clothes, little buy little, on Facebook marketplace, or other secondhand venues, and see if someone could put a simple logo on for me. Not any of the complicated designs, but just the name. The shorts I got from the real company just have the name on the bottom of one leg.

I managed to eventually amass all items I need from here and there. Every week when I'd go to drive one of E's friends home to Ridgewood after a class, I'd pass Branding Time in Midland Park. One day I went in and spoke to the owner.

He's a small operation doing big jobs. It looks like he does a ton of sporting uniforms, company logo items, and whatever else I guess you'd need. He does the thermal printing and embroidery. I needed the thermal.

I explained to him what I needed, and explained why. That I was trying to save money. I'd need him to take my own clothes and add a logo. I showed him what I needed and told me it was no problem. I just couldn't have it in like a day or two because he didn't have the colors I needed. He was waiting on more. I didn't even know such a fast turn around was possible. Apparently, if he had the colors there, it would've been. Instead they were done in like a week or so. It's not like I needed them quicker so it was fine by me.

What he charged me saved me a lot of money and now I have all the required items. It's a relief for me, and now E's stuff will be a little unique because all the items aren't the brands they use at camp. I like this because my son is prone to losing things. This way, we'd know immediately if something was his or not and I'm assuming another parent would too if it ended up with their kid. 

I highly recommend them for your personalization needs.

Branding Time
251 Godwin Ave
Midland Park, NJ 07432
(201) 689-0700

No website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment