Thursday, November 9, 2017

gARTen

This is a blog entry better told in photos....



After we left Catsbury Park last Sunday, we noticed this interesting little nook across the street. I'm calling it a nook because I don't know what else to call it. It was an empty lot between buildings that was once a small community garden. I guess that was abandoned at some point and new people decided to pay rent just to use it as an outdoor space to sell art made out of "junk". I say junk because I don't know what else to call it. The art that it's made from is really unique and cool, but it's made out of stuff like broken down, old plastic toys, laundry detergent containers, old instruments, tv sets, Halloween plastic fang teeth, and other things. It's really quite amazing.

I heard the proprietor talking a little to another family or to B but I was taking photos. He said there are lights that go on around dusk, but I think they're solar? Some kind of lights that can get wet. Someone asked the guy what happens when it rains and he said- "Everything gets wet". He'll move some stuff when the weather gets really bad, but most of it is okay to get wet.

If I had one of those Victorian houses that I could paint funky colors, I could see putting this kind of stuff all out on the lawn. I'd be THAT house. All this stuff alongside my very own Beyonce (five foot metal chicken). I can just picture it...

Instagram: gARTen713
713 Cookman Ave
Asbury Park, NJ












No comments:

Post a Comment