Friday, March 7, 2014

More Happiness

It's still gray and it's still as cold as a witch's tit in a brass bra. So here I am, like the Lara Spencer of blog posts, to tell you about more stuff I'm liking these days. Tomorrow might bring temps of fifty-one degrees but then it's back this Polar Vortex blah-ness. Here's some stuff currently making me happy:

-EASTER CANDY IS OUT. Easter is in full effect in CVS next door to my store. I can't properly express how much I love Easter Candy but hands down, it's the best candy holiday of the year. I won't go into all my "likes" but will tell you about my new love. Russell Stover milk chocolate egg with COOKIE DOUGH filling. What?!, you say? Uh-huh. I bought that and a red velvet one. I like milk chocolate, not dark, and red velvet was too dark for me. But the cookie dough- forget it. Easter is going to have to come and go quickly or I'm screwed with these around. Delish.


-I needed a new eye wrinkle cream. I stopped by my friends Suzanne Zisfein at the Lancôme counter in Bloomingdales (I want to call it Bloomies, but all I hear is the Artie/Teddy fight from Stern when I want to say that). I got a sample of the Regenerist eye cream. It's worth it.





-Loving these "blurring" products. I have the L'Oreal "Miracle Blur" and the Garnier 5 second Skin Renew. I don't know if it's just me, I have bad eyes, or what, but I really feel like these just smooth your whole face out. I can't decide which I like better. The L'Oreal looks clear so it just looks like it's going to work. The Garnier looks like a cream. I think both work and the Garnier is cheaper. L'Oreal is approx $25 & Garnier is $17-$18 in CVS.

-We're coming up on pedicure season. WE ARE. IT'S COMING. My mom bought me a pair of Pedi-Sox a long time ago but I never bothered with them. But this winter and SOON TO BE SPRING, they're a necessity. I always mess up a pedicure because I'm always in a hurry. These are great because you can wear them with flip-flops, mid-winter, if you're going to be quick and you keep your feet warm. Just nice to have. You can get them on Amazon and other discount sites too.
 
 


black dress
-There are always events we have to go to for work or networking. I always had two go-to brands for dresses. BCBG and Laundry by Shelli Segal. It really depends by season though as to whether I'm going to like the styles. BCBG was a little disappointing for me for a season or two. I love their forgiving stretch-jersey fabric though. Same with Laundry. But it's just nice to have another brand I know will have something in stretch-jersey with a good boob neckline. That would be Halston Heritage. I'm loving everything. Before Loehmanns closed I scored myself two HH dresses. A black and a navy, both stretch, both gorgeous with cleavage bearing shapes. http://www.halston.com/
 
-Get RID of your junk or just streamline your subscribed email. I wake up to probably fifty emails every morning. GAP, Banana, Gymboree, news, kids stuff, spas that I just can't seem to get off their mailing list- you name it. It's so nice to have them "all rolled up" and get one email with all that stuff in it. All the store mail is in one place and easy to find. It's fantastic. https://unroll.me/
 
-I have an OLD iPhone 4. I'm on it ALL THE TIME. Not talking but data. I have Verizon and still have the old unlimited data package that they don't offer anymore. I've heard conflicting things about whether I can or can't get a new phone and still keep my unlimited plan. So I've just done nothing. Plus, I can't just be buying expensive smartphones. But my battery life SUCKS at this point. I bought a Mophie Juice Pack Plus and it's awesome. I haven't tried any other external battery cases but I don't feel I need to try others. This is great. When my phone battery is low approximately two hours after I get to work, I just flip the little switch and it charges. I've never run out of battery with this thing. And they are great about the warranty also. I bought mine from Amazon- a third party Amazon seller. I had a problem right away. I sent it to them, they determine if it's real or counterfeit and if it's real, and has a problem, they send a new one. They sent me a new one. No problems. Now I'm having a problem again and I don't anticipate having trouble.
 
 
-Blue Apron. I don't cook. This has been helping me make restaurant quality fancy meals.
 
-E has taken A LOT of extracurricular activities. So I think I'm pretty good at ferreting out what has been really worth it and what was just kind of a time waster. He's been doing really great and loving three things. They are:
 
The Drawing Room LLC- Midland Park. I wrote about it in a former entry. But it's a great place.
 
Actor's Tecnique NYC- 8th Ave between 35th & 36th. Also wrote about prior. He's learning a lot.
 
Gary Stevens Taekwondo- Glen Rock. He's been doing it for only like six months and has made it to yellow belt already. It's been great for him in many aspects. http://www.stevenstaekwondo.com/
 
-Lands End bathing suits. They're the opposite of Victoria's Secret but they're not like old mom suits. They're on sale right now- regular price is 20% off. If you don't want to buy online, you can try them on in Sears. But I'm not recommending trying on bathing suits, in florescent lighting, after a "Polar Eating Vortex" kind of winter. Just FYI, I don't think that's going to go well. Best bet is to order now, try on later, and exchange if you have to. They came out with a new swimdress for this summer. Yay? http://www.landsend.com/shop/swim/
 
That's all I can think of off the top of my head today. So if you're stuck in because of the cold you can check all this stuff out on the internet. Then, tomorrow, when we have some non-frost bite weather, you can check them out in person.



No comments:

Post a Comment