Friday, February 7, 2014

Glassic

I think the first time I saw a Galileo thermometer was in my sorority house. I'm pretty sure my Little Sister (ZTA!) had one. I didn't know that's what it was called. But I thought it was so cool looking. I never got one but I always wanted one. They just look pretty. And more fun than any typical thermometer.

I've known Seth for almost as long as E has been alive. I met his wife Michelle before E was even born. They had a son a few months younger than E and the boys became friends. Somewhere along the line I met Seth. He recently opened this online store called Glassic Gifts. I immediately liked their page on Facebook.

I saw they were doing a giveaway of the Galileo thermometer. I entered but I didn't win anything. I was bummed. I wanted that thermometer! I happened to see another giveaway for a Goethe Weather Ball barometer. I didn't know what I would do with that, but E has really been into science lately so I figured if I won I'd give it to him.


I WON.

Then Seth dropped off the Goethe Weather Ball barometer, and without asking, gave me the thermometer too!! I was so excited. It's on my mantle now. They're really cool. If you don't know what to get the person that has everything, or even a kid. It's a fun way to teach about temperature. They're definitely unique gifts. E had a great time making green water with food coloring to fill the barometer.

Check them out- https://www.facebook.com/getglassicgifts

No comments:

Post a Comment