Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Time is flying!

I don't know how it got to be November. Time is just flying and I'm not prepared. We certainly weren't prepared for SNOW in October. But, enough about that. Power is back and all is good for now.

School for E is going well. He seems to really like it and get a lot out of it. He's been staying for lunch and I had to leave him there a full day last week and he was totally FINE. Now, in retrospect, I SO wish I'd signed him up for five days a week. We live and learn. I just didn't realize he'd be able to handle it so well. For any moms on the fence for kids going into the 2's class next September, don't think about how old they are when they're getting signed up, think about how old (and READY) they'll be when they actually GO to school. E is leaps and bounds ahead of where he was when I signed him up and he just seemed so little then.

But, had he been in school five days, he wouldn't have gotten to do ballet, which he is flourishing in. Moms of boys- don't hesitate to sign up your little man. E is doing a great job and LOVES it. I'm so happy I found Wyckoff School of Dance. They are having a little "recital" or holiday show and he's going to be a soldier. I'm sure it will be really cute. The only thing I wish was different is the way they do tuition. You have to pay half up front, then the rest by Oct 31. It goes until May or June so I kind of felt like the second half should've been due closer to January, but whatever. It's a small issue. I'm pretty sure you can also sign up whenever so if you're thinking of signing up but aren't sure- take the plunge. It's SO cute.

Teddy Tennis- Well, I'll say this....E seems to love it and he's good at it. It's an interesting class with a really cool curriculum. But, we're not going to continue for the next session. One, for tennis skill retention, I'd have to keep signing him up every session. It's like $440 for 11 or 12 weeks. That's really expensive for a 3 yr old class. That's fine- that's what it is, but I can do another 10 weeks of music for half that. There was a discounted rate given for a certain time to re-sign. I missed the cut-off for that because I wasn't sure what we were going to do. I thought we might try something else that's during the week- we are doing tennis on Sunday morning. But, then I didn't really get to research anything else so I figured I'd just sign him up for tennis again for now. I asked if I could still get the discounted rate (which only expired Oct 21) and I was told we couldn't still get that rate. This just left a bad taste for me. I own a small business and if someone brought me an expired coupon, just as a show of good faith and to make the sale, I'd totally take it. Common sense would dictate to me that I'd want some of the money vs NONE of the money.

I don't know. Maybe they're used to dealing with all people who just have tons of FU money- it seems that way from the showy chatter overheard in the waiting area, but I digress. At any rate- it was only a $20 discount (I didn't know what the amount was at first- I just knew there was a discount). I was told "it's only $20, so I hope that won't be a deterrent to signing E back up...". I was just sort of taken aback assuming there would be no issue with giving the discount. Well, if it's only $20 then why wouldn't you just suck it up to give the discount? I just don't understand that mindset and I didn't like it on principle. I just know that's not the way B and I do our business. C'est la vie. I'm pretty sure the likelihood that E is the next Agassi is very slim and I'm not worried about finding another activity.

Like I said- the teachers are great, it's a cute program, and if you're a tennis person and want your kid to play, this is a great into for it. I may return to it sometime, just not now.

I'd bought a Groupon for a month of classes at Gymboree in Waldwick. The Groupon expires on November 17th so if anyone bought it and forgot about it- this is the time to use it!! I'm going to start that this week.

I also just bought a Living Social deal for a month at Cutie Patootie in Englewood. I'd reviewed it in a previous blog. I like it. With the deal, it's totally worth it. It's an unlimited month for $35! Normally it's $15 PER visit. So, I jumped on that. http://livingsocial.com/deals/129747?ref=personalized-link-box-34792490&rpi=34792490

Another deal going on is a Groupon for 5 open bounce + pizza/juice at Screaming Parties. I've never been there but I've been hearing raves and I'd been meaning to get there. This deal was only $29 and it seems awesome to me. I'm joining Park and Play but I need a little variety. Especially since PNP is closed on Friday. I may need stuff to do on a Friday that E is off since it seems like he never has school on Fridays. http://tinyurl.com/7msd2z6

Ok- well, life is finally mostly back to normal since the power outage. Fridge is restocked and I've caught up on most of my tv shows. Including Revenge, which B and I are LOVING. It's so awesome and CRAZY. But, it's not something you can just jump into- you need to start from the beginning. It's so worth it to see how dark & twisty (stealing from Meredith Grey) Emily Thorne REALLY is....Check it out. I swear you won't be disappointed. You just have to really suspend some disbelief. Here's the link to watch it online- http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/revenge

Ok- off to print out my Groupons/Living Social deals, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment