Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Little Help from my Friends

I need votes for two things. Yeah, I'm pushing it, I know. But I need to win. Both. Well, not me, but one is for E and one is for my store.

Parent Guide News Magazine is a cool resource for finding stuff for your kids to do. I picked it up at E's school- it's one of those free papers. I saw tons of camps & activities I never even heard of before. I didn't know there were that many fun, interesting, unique camps in the local area. They're having a contest to give away some money towards camp tuition so I entered.

You can vote once a day, every day, so whenever you get a chance, I'd appreciate if you could vote for Ethan K! You don't have to sign up for anything, but it's a pretty neat magazine so you might want to sign up for their newsletter anyway.

http://www.parentguidenews.com/Voting/CampGiveback2013

The second thing is Bergen Health & Life's Best of Bergen contest. We haven't won this one in a year or so, having mostly concentrated on the 201 Magazine Best Of Bergen contest. But of course we want it all! I just dislike having to ask people to vote for stuff. It's annoying- I know. It's necessary though if we want to get some extra publicity. We do everything by hand here in my store so it's not like I can send an email out to all of our customers. Best I can do is use my blog. I think you can win $200 for filling it out so that's a nice bonus too.

In the RETAIL section, put Shades of Soho, Glen Rock down twice, then pick Home Boutique for one, and Other for the 2nd one.

Then of course you can put my name, then, "Lampshader" next to it in the last section. Use "Other" in the drop down menu also.

http://www.bergenhealthandlife.com/Bergen-Health-Life/April-2013/Best-in-Bergen-2013/

Last one:  Vote for Shades of Soho for Best Lighting Store and Home Furnishing Store in the Jewish Standard. THANKS!! http://www.jstandard.com/survey

Thanks for all your help. We have won Best of Bergen in 201 Mag for like five years. We couldn't do it without my friends, customers, acquaintances, and random blog lurkers. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment