Thursday, May 24, 2018

Hate-Watching Again

I don't know why I watch Wendy Williams. There are elements I really love to see, like hot topics, but I wish I could mute her opinions. Further, I don't know why I let her opinions get to me. Sometimes, I feel like in the movie Private Parts when they were talking about all the people who hate-listen. I'm not listening to hear what she's going to say though. As in, she's not outrageous like Stern critics used to say about him. I just like to hear the celebrity news and the product deals. An interview here and there. I wish I had a clip of today's episode so you could her her nonsense for yourselves, but maybe I'll be able to update with a clip later.

Most of the time Wendy's not offensive or anything, but today, I was really pissed off as she was talking. She's been talking about Britney Spears a lot lately, something about Kevin Federline asking for or getting more money for child support. First, she kept telling him through the television that he should be asking for like fifty thousand dollars a month. Because the boys are getting older and they are going to want more expensive things.

Just as an aside- Would it be the worst thing in the world if they lived a more normal life? No one needs fifty thousand dollars a month. Even if you're Britney's kids. They get twenty thousand dollars a month now. I'm pretty sure that puts food on the table, clothes on their backs, and pays for their activities. A lot of kids *want* expensive things. That doesn't mean there is fifty thousand a month to buy it nor should there be. #momoneymoproblems

I couldn't figure out why Wendy kept harping on this money thing. Then the real reason came out today. She went OFF about why does Kevin even still have full custody of these kids. Why isn't she being a mother? Why isn't she challenging him for full custody? She chose to have these kids, so why isn't she the one taking care of them on a daily basis. Something about yeah, some women want a career, but she should still have her kids...Blah blah blah. Somehow, even though she's always been a working mother, Britney should be more focused on getting her kids back.

Wendy doesn't know Britney Spears. These kids are eleven and twelve or something. Maybe the best thing for them is where they are with their father. Maybe she doesn't want to rip them away from their schools, friends, and activities. Maybe they've all spoken and the kids want to stay where they are. Not because they hate their mother, but because they don't want to change their lives.

The woman had mental illness issues. Maybe due to those issues, there are reasons she doesn't have some kind of official legal custody. Maybe Kevin doesn't want to give up any legal custody because it's better for him financially. He has like five kids or something. I can't imagine that he's using all the Britney money just for his two kids with her. I read something about her being worried that if she doesn't pay, he'll restrict access to the kids. Who knows??

She really pummeled working moms though by suggesting that she care less about her career, her residency in Vegas, and get back to being a mom. She doesn't know how often she sees her kids, the quality of their time, etc. It just came down to implying that she isn't doing her main job, which *should be* (according to Wendy) being a full time mom.

Sure, Wendy works and has her child. But it's not like her parenting is beyond reproach. She offered up that her kid had gotten into drugs at some point.


Wendy works, and goes home to Jersey every day, as she likes to say, and this was happening in her house.

Stop fueling the working moms vs stay at home moms debate. Or throwing shade at other moms for their choices. This isn't about Britney Spears or her. It's that Wendy had to make it about Britney working and that being a mark against her as far as being a mom.

This isn't about me working either. I work, but I have the best of both worlds. I can leave to go to the school if I need to, and I'm around after school to take him to after school activities or just be around. I'm very lucky. I do *have* to work. AND, I *WANT* to work. I also don't feel guilt for working. I don't think much about it at all. I'm not defensive of working and I don't think working makes me any less of mom or any less good at it. However, I realize that I'm also not the norm in feeling this way. Most moms *I* know, have tons of guilt for working and are very defensive when questioned about it. It's because of commentary like Wendy's today.

Not to mention, having worked in social services, it's not that easy to get back custody of kids. There are so many factors there, it's not like Britney can walk into a courtroom and be like- "It's Britney Bitch!" and get her kids back. Maybe in the movies, but not in real life.


Wendy keeps saying over and over that Kevin should be pushing for more money and she sees his side. Meanwhile, this is a guy who had another kid after his with Britney. Why should she finance his life with another woman and kid? #getajob

I just didn't like the implication that Britney is choosing her career over her kids. No one ever says "You can't have it all" about men. It's expected that they'll have a career and kids, and it will be fine. It's 2018 and women are still getting hammered for having a career, and not even just working because she has to work. WANTING to work is a whole other reason to judge. If you're going to be a mom and work, you're supposed to at least act like you don't WANT to, but HAVE to do it for monetary survival. Guess what- I'd choose working every time over staying home and being all up in the school doing the PTA or whatever. Not knocking the people who are into that, but that's the thing- we should all have the choice to do what suits us without some dumb bitch telling us what we SHOULD be choosing or we're Bad Moms. 

I don't care if you work outside the home, inside the home, or what you do all day. Just don't tell other moms what they're supposed to want out of their days. Do you, Boo. Do, you. And leave Britney alone. Without Britney working, those kids are getting nothing. Britney somehow has a career still after all her messiness. Good on her. On that note, I go back to my own work....

No comments:

Post a Comment