Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Vet Dispatch



Our mobile veterinariansI usually meet people wherever I go. Networking is just in my blood. Not even for the usual purpose of networking. I'm not selling anything to anyone or trying to get a job. Sometimes I just like talking. I like chatting with people I don't know. I've met some really cool and interesting people in the strangest of places. I've learned things I didn't know, gathered important information, and sometimes, just got a good laugh. Granted, you never know what you're going to get and I've been immersed in full on crazy with some of the new folks I've opted to converse with. For the most part though, I've come out with positive getting to know you experiences.

E's been on a swim team since September. I really haven't met or clicked with too many of the parents. It's a little cliquey, a little bit language barrier, and I guess the nature of the sport. I'm totally new to swim as a parent and I was never a swimmer. So I don't really know what he's doing down there. To me, it's just, back and forth, back and forth. You're not cheering on a team, and in the meets, sometimes the kids are swimming against their own team members. They're a team but it's also really individual. It's just different than I think the camaraderie is between the parents at other sports.

I finally ended up talking to a mom, Tracy Cohen-Grady at a practice a few weeks ago. Her daughter swims in a higher level than E. I heard her talking to another parent, sounding like she knew what she was talking about regarding the team and such, so I chimed in. I needed SOMEONE to guide me and give me the lowdown on how this sport works. Or I need someone to be able to ask questions at least. She is super friendly and nice so the hour went by very quickly. I told her what I do and then asked what she does for a living. She was knitting so I thought it would have something to do with that. She does sell her knitting, which are very cool looking holiday ornament covers, but she does something else that's pretty unique and cool that I'm writing about today.

Tracy is a veterinarian. She works with VETdispatch which is a house call veterinary practice.  They basically take their exam and treatment rooms with them into the comfort of the patient's home. I don't have pets, but I do have a lot of friends with pets. I hear never-ending stories about how hard it is to transport animals. They don't like the carrier, the car, or they just know they must be going to the doctor. Kind of like a toddler.This idea seems like a great one. Just like when we're sick, or our kids, it would sometimes be really nice to be able to go back to the days of doctor house calls. If your pet is really sick, I'm sure that often, it seems like the worst or meanest idea ever to have to move him or her. 

Check them out. They're providing a great service. They service NJ, CT, MD, DC and PA. There are numbers to call for each area on their website.
  
Their website is http://www.vetdispatch.com/

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/vetdispatch
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/VETdispatch

No comments:

Post a Comment