Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Local Finds

While we're all in the cold, I thought I would spread some positivity and tell you of my cool little local finds. If you don't feel like taking a long drive, you really don't have to go far to find what you need. These businesses are definitely worth a try!

Marc's Cheesecake- 251 Rock Rd, Glen Rock, NJ 07452, phone- (201) 857-0880: I've written about Marc's before but I have to do a re-do now. He's making all kinds of stuff besides cheesecake and it's all fab. Crepes, ice cream, soups, and challah rolls, oh my! B has been eating the matzoh ball soup and he has been thoroughly impressed. He had a nutella crepe too and said it was fantastic. Marc really knows food. So, it's not just cheesecake- although, those are amazing too. Marc is open later than most town businesses too. Call/check web for hours.

http://marcscheesecake.com/

Jade Massage- 658 Godwin Ave, Midland Park, NJ 07432, phone- (201) 444-1002: I went in on Monday for the first time. I've always been curious about it and wanted to stop in. I never did because there are curtains on the windows and door and you can't see in. I don't know what I thought was going on in there but it just didn't seem inviting. I had a massive head/neck-ache though. E was in his art class for the next two hours and I didn't have anything else to do. I normally go to The Healthy Way on the border of Glen Rock & Fair Lawn but I didn't have enough time to get all the way there and back on time. Plus, you never know if it's going to be too busy in there.

I walked into Jade and was pleasantly surprised. I was only doing twenty minutes because I just wanted to try it out. It's a little more expensive than Healthy Way but for the twenty minutes it was only two dollars more ($22). I was asked if I wanted a room or the massage chair. I opted for the chair because I needed to be able to have access to my phone quickly- I was waiting for an important call. But it's nice that they do the room option for a twenty minute massage too. Lee did my massage and she was great. She is STRONG. Like, where it hurt. But it was that good kind of hurt when you have neck and shoulder pain like that. I felt like she was really working out the knots. I've had a lot of bad massages so I know the difference. She's little but with a lot of strength.

Definitely don't feel weird about checking them out. They have a special for five dollars off a sixty minute massage. You can just ask about it.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/jade-massage-midland-park

Zen Pilates & Spin Studio- 175 Rock Road, Glen Rock, NJ, (201) 857-4188: They are new in the back of the CVS parking lot. That back building has some really great stuff in it now. I haven't been in there but I've heard great things about it. It sounds perfect if you want to exercise but don't want to go to a traditional gym. They also do a "SpinLates" class which is for cardio AND fat burning.

http://www.zenrocknj.com/

The Blissful Heart- 175 Rock Road, Glen Rock, NJ, (201) 857-4403: Also in the back building, is another new business that goes with the whole "wellness" vibe going on back there along side Nectar CafĂ©, Naturally Yoga, and Zen. The Blissful Heart calls itself a "Wellness Collective"- offering Massage Therapy, Ayurveda, Aromatherapy, Shirodhara, Nutrition Counseling, Pilates, and assorted other specialties and modalities in an atmosphere conducive to personal and professional growth. Check them out!

http://www.theblissfulheartnj.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment