Friday, October 12, 2018

Sing Me A Song

I'd totally be lying if I said I was definitely going to get back to writing on the regular. I just know I'm not. It isn't because I have nothing to say. I have plenty to say. I just have to risk sounding like a broken record. Or a lunatic. Depends on the day. Yesterday, I'm pretty sure I could've been considered Kanye level batshit crazy. People are asking me a simple "how are you?" and I'm full on TELLING them. Not just a "fine, how are you?", but full on Chicken Little and "The sky is falling!". It's how I feel since November 9, 2016 and only getting worse. Not to mention, when I haven't washed my hair in like five days or looked in a mirror, I already look halfway to crazy without opening my mouth. My schedule is brutal and I'm sure that's contributing to my insanity.

Yesterday was the pinnacle of it all. The Florida Panhandle was decimated, Kanye went on a rant in the Oval (In. The. Oval.) making Trump look like the sane one, it was pouring here, I had to drive all over goddamned North Jersey for E's activities, and I can't tell you the last time I was able to go to the supermarket for a proper shop. Meaning, not just grabbing stuff piecemeal at the place closest to wherever I happen to be at the time. Oh, actually I can tell you when I last went. It was on Yom Kippur when I ran into an old friend who also happened to ask me how I am and I went off there too.

So, like I said, I'm not going to lie and say I'm going to get back to writing all the time. I don't know how to ignore what's going on in the world and write about As Seen On TV products and whatnot when I feel like I'm crawling out of my skin. I cried like three times yesterday and I was all, "What is this salty discharge?" because usually, I'm only crying at commercials, shows like This Is Us and the contestants on America's Got Talent and The Voice (THE STORIES!).

But speaking of crying, I watched Jimmy Kimmel last night and saw this singer Lynzy Lab. I've been pretty off social media for the past year. Here and there I check out Facebook but hadn't been watching the news much, reading magazines, or REALLY reading Facebook closely. Well, until last week with all the Kavanaugh assholery. I needed to see who I needed to set on fire. In my mind. IN MY MIND. My social media reading has still been intermittent. I go on, then have to go off, before I really go off. Jimmy introduced this girl and said her song about parents saying they're worried about their boys went viral. Of course my interest was piqued. By the end of the song, I was #uglycrying in my bed. Thus, being the third cry of the day.

I'm sure Lynzy doesn't need me to promote her, but I am, because I feel she has it correct and deserves to be shared. I have a boy. The last thing I'm worried about is that he could be falsely accused of any sexual assault. You know, because I'M TEACHING HIM NOT TO BE A RAPIST.

Here's Lynzy. Listen carefully. She deserves your full attention.




No comments:

Post a Comment